Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Mashed Potatoes

Mashed potatoes has always been my comfort food but the only time I got a chance to eat them is whenever I'm eating at KFC. So, just out of the blue I wanted to make my own mashed potatoes. :)

MASHED POTATOES

For the mashed potatoes

  • 350 grams potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • salt and pepper to taste
For the gravy

  • 2 tablespoon butter
  • 2 tablespoon flour
  • 2 cups beef or chicken stock, warmed
  • salt and pepper

For the mashed potatoes

  1. Placed potatoes in medium saucepan and cover with water. Cover the lid and bring to a boil. Reduced to a simmer and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
  2. Combine milk and butter. Heat in the microwave until warmed.
  3. Drain potatoes and return to the saucepan. Mash potatoes and the milk mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Let it cool, then refrigerate until ready to use.
For the gravy

  1. Melt butter in pan. Add flour; combine. Cook for about 2 minutes.
  2. Slowly pour in warm beef or chicken stock. 
 (Note: I used Knorr cubes for the stock. I boiled 6 cups of water for 1 knorr cube. So if you're going to use all the stock, you've got to triple the flour and butter. You can use chicken or beef.)

     3. Season it with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.

Message me for feedbacks. Thanks. :)

No comments: